- The UVSS is seeking a new tenant to occupy a large space in a prime location of the Student Union Building.
- As the UVSS is a non-profit social enterprise, the new tenant must provide some form of service for the University of Victoria student body. The tenant does not have to be not-for-profit, but should be socially just and beneficial for students.
2) Space and Fees
- The space is located on the main floor of the University of Victoria Student Union Building. It is 73 square metres or 632.16 square feet with large windows facing the most heavily trafficked area of the Student Union Building.
- Monthly rent for the space is priced competitively and the rent cost does not include janitorial, utilities, and maintenance, which will be an additional monthly fee.
- All completed proposals must be submitted by March 18, 2020 at 5pm
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Finance and Operations Committee and shortlisted applicants will be notified by March 24, 2020 at 5pm
- At the request of the Board of Directors, shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a brief presentation at the Board of Directors meeting on April 8, 2020
- The successful applicant will begin contract negotiations in mid April. The anticipated commencement date will be August 1, 2020
4) Elements of Proposal
- Proposals should include the following information:
- Scope of services
- Draft business plan
- Budget and desired rent payment
- Relevance to the University of Victoria student population
- Anticipated physical changes or additions to space
- Any budgetary concerns or considerations
5) Evaluation Criteria
- Proposals will be evaluated by the Finance and Operations Committee and Board of Directors on the following criteria:
- Relevance to University of Victoria students
- Environmental impact and conservation
- Accessibility for all students
- Social justice and alignment with other UVSS values
Please send all inquiries and completed proposals to Katie McFarlin, UVSS Administration and Services Manager at email@example.com or call 250-472-5217