Starting Monday, February 28, we will accept club/group bookings for spaces with details outlined below:
- Masks have to be worn at all times unless seated and eating or drinking.
- All bookings require proof of vaccination to enter.
- 100 person max for Vertigo or Large MPR.
- 50 persons max for Small side or SUB Upper.
- 15 persons max for B025 or B028 – masks must be worn at all times.
- 6 persons max for B203 – masks must be worn at all times.
- Dancing is permitted in larger spaces but masks must stay on.
- Food and Beverage only through UVSS Catering.
- No indoor hallway table vending for the rest of the semester.
- Outdoor table vending is still possible.
Please see the most recent PHO directives on Events here.
Starting Monday, April 11, indoor table bookings will be permitted (Club and paid) with the following restrictions:
- Club/group must provide hand sanitizer for customers/students and themselves.
- All persons tabling must wear a mask when talking to customers/students
- Bake sales are only permitted if each item is ind wrapped.
- Signage must be present to minimize touching of items and to sanitize hands before/after.
Clubs and Course Unions book space in the Student Union Building (SUB) through the UVSS and on the rest of campus through UVic.
THIS BOOKING PROCESS IS FOR ROOMS AND ASSETS IN THE STUDENT UNION BUILDING ONLY!
When booking rooms, be sure to include:
- Your Club or Course Union’s name (please no acronyms!)
- Your name (you must be a signing authority to book any space)
- The date of the event
- The number of people you are expecting
- How long you will need the space
- Review SUB room capacities
BOOKINGS In the SUB:
- UVSS Clubs and Course Unions are able to book spaces in the SUB for free.
- For room, equipment, table, and Felicita’s (we reserve Saturdays for Club and Course Union) bookings in the SUB please complete the Room & Equipment Form.
Equipment available to Clubs and Course Unions in the SUB:
- A projector + screen
- Clubs speakers are available for checkout at the General Office.
- Pinback buttons – Want to make some swag for your Club? You can now book 1”, 1.5″, and 2.25” button making machines at Zap Copy for free! Button parts are sold individually. Visit zapcopy.com or email email@example.com for details.
- Lockers – to receive a locker or update your lock information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailboxes – Please contact the Director of Student Affairs. Please do this if you intend on receiving a lot of mail.
BOOKINGS At UVic:
- Clubs, Course Unions, PDUs, and advocacy groups must be ratified and have at least one signing authority prior to requesting rooms
- Rooms, indoor table bookings and Simpson Property requests can be reserved online
- Note: when booking space for bake sales – it is only the space you’re booking, a folding table can be booked via the UVSS online booking system here.
- Outdoor space bookings can be requested here.
- For UVic recreation rentals including field rentals and gymnasium please contact Vikes Recreation at email@example.com.