- If your Exception Request is denied by Studentcare, or you missed the Exception Request deadline, you may appeal this decision through the UVSS Health & Dental Appeals Committee.
Download: Health & Dental Appeal Form
- The Committee will not accept appeal forms until after the Exception Request period has ended.
- The Appeals period lasts from November 2nd until the last day of that semester’s classes. Appeals submitted past this date will not be considered.
- Appeals submitted by parents or guardians will not be considered, unless legal authority has been granted.
In order to submit an Exception Request or Appeal, you must meet all of the following basic requirements:
- The appeal being made is for the past term before the last week of classes.
- You have not made any claims for the corresponding policy year (September-August).
- Provide proof of alternate coverage (picture of card/documentation with your name specified).
- You have not made any appeals previously.
In addition, you must meet a minimum of one of the following additional requirements: