What is Campus Kick Off?
Welcome to back campus, new and returning UVic students! We are so excited to see you!
Campus Kick Off (or CKO) is the UVSS’ annual back-school-event that takes place on the first week of classes in September. This year, CKO is taking place from September 8-10, Wednesday to Friday.
In addition to our feature events (see below), from Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10, local and corporate vendors will be tabling, sharing their crafts and services to students, and may be handing out some free swag! Come check it out and see what the UVSS and our partners have to offer students.
All events are FREE, and will be fun! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Wednesday, September 8 – Pancake Breakfast
(At the Student Union Building)
- 8-11am – The UVSS Board will be handing out FREE pancakes to all!
- Come by get a free plate of delicious, fluffy pancakes flipped and served by your Board of Directors and our wonderful team of volunteers.
- CFUV will be there playing some tunes on the turntables to get you in the groove for that first day of classes!
Thursday, September 9 – Movie in the Quad
- Movie will start after sunset (around 9pm)
- Movie: Raya and the Last Dragon
- Bring a blanket, bring your friends, and join us for some movie watching!
- Popcorn (from Cinecenta) available by non-perishable donations to the UVSS’ Food Bank and Free Store
- The first 200 people to arrive will get a free Coke drink (Coke, Diet Coke, or AHA sparkling water).
Friday, September 10 – Bands on the Roof
- Bands will be playing from 12-4pm
- This year we’re supporting all local musicians, and a diverse line up. Find the line-up and the performer’s bios HERE.
- We’ll be livestreaming on our Facebook
Also on Friday, September 10, UVic Thunderfest will be happening in the Quad area. Definitely check out the fun and exciting events over at the Quad hosted by our good friends, Vikes Athletics and the Office of Student Life.
Volunteer with the UVSS
The UVSS would like to acknowledge the UVic campus is located on the unceded, unsurrendered territories of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples.