- The U-Pass is built into your existing ONECard. (New student? Get your ONECard here.)
- Please note: You can still purchase the bus pass without having the physical card yet.
- Due to COVID-19, not all undergraduate students will automatically be charged the U-Pass fee.
- All students enrolled in at least one on-campus credit course are automatically assessed the U-Pass fee, and can activate the U-Pass using their ONECard.
- All other students who have paid UVSS fees are eligible to opt-in to the U-Pass, including co-op, distance, Island Medical Program, and practicum students.
- The U-Pass provides four months of U-Pass access within the Victoria Regional Transit System.
Opt-in U-Pass Payment
- For more information on how to opt-in to the U-Pass, please see the “how to opt-in” box, below.
- The charge will show up in your MyPage Account Summary as “UVSS Bus Pass.”
- To register and activate your U-Pass, simply insert your ONECard into any of the U-Pass kiosks located in the University Centre or the Student Union Building.
- All students: The U-Pass must be reactivated after August 20 if you’re studying in both the Fall and Winter terms, and after December 15 if you’re studying in the Winter term only.
- To use your U-Pass once activated, simply swipe your ONECard upon boarding any BC Transit bus in the Victoria transit region.
Opt-Outs and Appeals
Under certain conditions, students can opt out of the U-Pass. For instance, students with physical or other differences in ability that render bus use impractical are able to opt-out, as are students already holding a BC Transit Pass through social assistance programs provided by the BC provincial government.
For more information on the conditions under which an opt-out can be accommodated, call (250-721-8355) or email the UVSS Info Booth (email@example.com). All requests to opt-out should be submitted before the end of the third month of classes (November, March, or June). The form can be found here.
For general transit route and schedule information, or for information on transit options if you have a disability, visit the BC Transit website at https://www.bctransit.com/victoria/home or call 250-382-6161.