OFFICE ASSISTANT II – GENERAL OFFICE
SUPPORT SERVCES DIVISION
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA STUDENTS’ SOCIETY
- Carries out administrative tasks as detailed by the General Office Manager and/or Support and Administrative Services Division Manager.
- Is responsible to the Support and Administrative Services Division Manager, through the General Office Manager.
- Reports to the General Office Manager.
- Founded in 1964, the University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS) is an incorporated membership based non-profit that is autonomous from the University and provides advocacy, services and events to all undergraduate students at UVic.
- Answering inquiries in the General Office.
- Reception, telephone, room bookings, data entry, mail processing and associated office duties.
- Day to day cash handling duties as required in the General Office.
- Provides coverage in the General Office as required.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Secretary and/or Manager.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision and make and implement decisions.
- Must be dedicated to a high level of customer service.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office for windows.
- Must be able to type thirty (30) wpm.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and filing systems.
- Minimum four months experience working in a busy general office is required.
- Experience handling large amounts of cash quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and to deal with difficult people.
- demonstrated attention to detail is required.
This is a student job and is a unionized position with the United Steelworkers. The University of Victoria Students’ Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Office Assistant – General Office – Support Services
Hourly Wage: $14.25 (+ 5% vacation pay)
Hours Per Week: 3-18
Actual shifts: Available TUES, WED, FRI. Actual Shifts Available 9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm.
Posting date: August 6, 2019
Closing Date: August 20, 2019 @ 12:00pm
Start Date: August 26, 2019
Dept Manager/ Hiring Committee Chair: Terri Tan
Dept Manager/ Hiring Committee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UVSS Employment Application form is available HERE, or they can be picked up from the SUB General Office, room B128 located in the Student Union Building.
Applications MUST be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at the SUB General Office room B128 in the Student Union Building prior to the closing date and time listed above. Late applications will not be considered.