The power to create change and practice consent is within all of us!
The UVSS and our campus partners are passionate about preventing sexualized violence. Join us for a week of interactive tabling & activities, giveaways, and a night of BURLESQUE!
– EmPOWERment: An Evening of Burlesque (6-8pm, Thursday, in Vertigo) featuring a beginner’s dance class, performances, free food, and a question + answer session!
Burlesque is performance through the art of striptease. It is a way for people of any community or identity to learn about their own sexuality and boundaries. The performances empower people of all gender identities, gender expressions, and body types, working to further prevent sexualized violence.
Register for our interactive & informative workshops at uvic.ca/SVAW!
GAMES & PRIZES
– Come find us tabling in the Quad on Tuesday and Thursday, and in CARSA on Wednesday!
– Tools for Change Workshop (4:30-7:30pm Tuesday)
– Peers Victoria Sexualized Violence Prevention in the Sex Industry Workshop (3-4pm Tuesday, CLE A203, register here: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/5BMV7C3)
– Understanding Consent Culture Workshop (3-5pm Wednesday, register at antiviolenceproject.org/workshops)
– Men’s Circle at AVP (6-8pm Wednesday, SUB B027)
– Sexual Health & Education in Res (Thursday before the burlesque show)
Want to win a $100 gift card to Come As You Are, an online all inclusive sex shop? Enter by
1) Click attending on the event (SVAW): https://bit.ly/2k8pgs5
2) Share the event & tag a friend
3) Attend the event to collect the prize!
We acknowledge that this event takes place on the unceded territories of the Lekwungen & WSANEC peoples, and we thank them for the privilege of living and working on these lands. Reconciliation and decolonization are foundational to our sexualized violence prevention & education work.
Do you have specific accommodation or accessibility requests? We’re here for you! Email Juliet at email@example.com and we’ll work it out.