The Sexualized Violence Prevention Coalition invites you to join us for a week of information, workshops, and events on the topic of sexualized violence prevention. Running from September 20-24, 2021, there will be a variety of opportunities for students and community members to engage (both online and in person) in learning and support options on campus.
You can find the full schedule of events, with all the workshop descriptions and info on joining, on the UVic Engage platform.
- Mon Sept 20
- 5:00-7:00pm – (Online!) Keynote presentation – Ariana Barer – Re-imagining Boundaries: A Subversive Resistance to Rape Culture
- 7:00-9:00pm – (Online!) May I? A workshop addressing sexualized and gender-based violence in service industry (AVP/VSAC/Workers Solidarity Network)
- Tues Sept 21
- 2:00-4:00 pm – (Online!) Understanding Consent Culture Workshop (AVP)
- 5:00-7:00pm – (Online!) Tools for Change Workshop (OSL)
- Wed Sept 22
- 5:00-7:00pm – (Online!) The 3 Keys of Boundaries: Create, Recognize, Celebrate (EQHR/OSL)
- Thurs Sept 23
- 12:00-2pm – (Online!) Consent & Establishing Boundaries to Prevent Online Sexual Harassment (EQHR)
- 2:00-4:00pm – (Online!) Supporting a Survivor Workshop (AVP)
- 5:30-7:00pm – (Online!) Bringing in the Bystander Workshop (OSL)
- Fri Sept 24
- 3:00-4:00pm – (In person! Location: SUB Upper Lounge) Peer-led mental health workshop – ReThink Your Mental Health Toolkit: Boundary Setting (UVSS/Peer Support Centre)