Course unions book space in the Student Union Building (SUB) through the UVSS and on the rest of campus through UVic.
THIS BOOKING PROCESS IS FOR ROOMS AND ASSETS IN THE STUDENT UNION BUILDING ONLY!
When booking rooms, be sure to include:
- Your course union’s name (please no acronyms!)
- Your name (you must be a signing authority to book any space)
- The date of the event
- The number of people you are expecting
- How long you will need the space for.
BOOKINGS In the SUB:
- UVSS course unions are able to book spaces in the SUB for free. Please see “room booking policy” for further details.
- For room, equipment, table, and Felicita’s (we reserve Saturdays for Club and Course Union) bookings in the SUB please complete the Room & Equipment Form.
Other resources available to clubs in the SUB:
- A projector + screen
- The button maker! Need to make some swag for your club? Book the button maker and buy buttons ($5 for 25) at the General Office.
- Clubs speakers are available for checkout at the General Office.
- Zap account – Planning on doing a lot of copying or printing? Get an account request form at Zap and leave it in the Director of Student Affairs’ box to have printing directly withdrawn from your account.
- Lockers – to receive a locker please contact Carmen in the General Office.
- Mailboxes – Please contact the Director of Student Affairs. Please do this if you intend on receiving a lot of mail.
- Clubs and Course Union Days – the most important days for clubs! These happen at the beginning of each semester and are an opportunity for all of the clubs to set up a table in the Michele Pujol Room and meet potential members. Dates are set and announced by the Director of Student Affairs.
BOOKINGS At UVic:
- Club, course union, PDU and advocacy groups must be ratified and individuals must have signing authority prior to requesting rooms
- Rooms, indoor table bookings and Simpson Property requests to be reserved online at http://www.uvic.ca/registrar/students/services/index.php.
- Clubs and advocacy groups are charged for audio/visual units permanently in the rooms and sufficient funds must be in the accounts.
- For a limited time, projectors are now free from September 2014 – April 2015, as part of a trial program through UVic.
- For outdoor space bookings with UVic please review the established policy or contact Sonia Brar at: email@example.com.
- For recreational space bookings please contact Bonnie White at: firstname.lastname@example.org.